Throughout 2014, we posted on the blog (almost) every Thursday. The posts included both creative writing instruction and inspiration for all you teen writers out there
Reviewing all of the posts was actually kind of fun, and I was surprised at how much content is on the site from 2014. Check some of the posts out – what’s your favorite? Or which post did you find the most helpful?
Characters & Character Development
- Character Backstory – What is it?
- Character Basics – Heading Inward
- Character Basics – Character Archetypes
- Six Places to find Great Characters
- 7 Strategies for Naming Characters
- What do your Characters Look Like?
- Setting as a Reflection of Character
- Using Setting to Pace your Story
- How to add Sensory Details to Make your Setting Real
- Creating Your Setting Writing Exercises
- Story Setting and Time
- Real vs. Fictional Settings – how do you choose?
- Are you Using your Setting Effectively?
- How to use Setting to Develop your Characters
- 3 Strategies to Develop your Plot Ideas
- How to Start a Story: Include the 4 C’s and a Q
- Developing Creative Story Ideas
- Must you Start Writing at the Beginning of Your Story?
Point of View
- Common Grammar Errors in Fiction – Switching Tenses
- PRACTICE vs. Practice: What’s the most effective way to improve your writing?
- Sentence Structure Matters
- The Power of Imitation
- 6 Comma Rules you Need to Know
Miscellaneous Writing Stuff
- 5 Ways to say “Thanks” to your Favorite Writer
- Work on your Writing Strengths
- Five Strategies for Writing Chapter Titles
- 6 Reasons you Need Writing Buddies
- WHO do you need to be a better writer?
- A Teens Tips for Teen Writers – guest post by WTW Member
- Terrible Writing Habits if you want to Actually Finish your Story
- 8 Strategies to get Over Your Fear of Sharing Your Writing
- Hate Poetry? Try these
- Becoming Creative
- How Should You Set Yearly Writing Goals?
- The Roundabout Way I got my Agent
- Favorite Number/Favorite Novel Writing Prompt
- Character Creation Prompt
- Character Creation Writing Prompt
- A Bee Interruption
- Break a Social Norm Prompt
- Blueprint Quick Write
- “Sieze the Day” Writing Prompt
- Winter Writing Prompt
- First Line Quick Write
- Single Syllable Story Prompt
- Glitter Quick Write